ABOUT DONNA – YOGA TEACHER…
I’m Donna McLoughlin – a Yoga Teacher in Bath. A gorgeous city in South West England. I’m down to earth, likeable, relatable, honest and genuine. I’m an introvert. I love holidays, skiing, time with family and friends, food and wine. I love walking in the country, reading a book by the fire and going out for a Sunday Roast!
I am passionate about teaching and sharing yoga in an accessible way to everyone.
I have been practicing yoga since 2003, and teaching yoga for the past 6 years in Bath, London, Ibiza and The Alps.
I am not an ex-dancer or gymnast (not that these are bad!) but I do understand, and have experienced, the limitations most of us have in our bodies, with regards to practicing physical asana (postures) in Yoga.
WHY YOGA TEACHING?
I’m a self-professed dream-chaser and, after a fairly serious car accident, I took the step to escape the corporate world and follow my ‘desert island dream’. I asked myself ‘why shouldn’t I do something I love every day?’.
It has and continues to be an ongoing transition, with plenty of bumps along the way! But in 2014 I put the wheels in motion, and I set out to train as a yoga teacher. I didn’t know then that I’d end up focusing on teaching as my job / career. At that point the thought of standing in front of one person teaching a class would have scared me! I just knew that I really wanted to deepen my own practice and take the time to figure out where to focus my energy.
BEFORE I BECAME DONNA – YOGA TEACHER…
- I worked as a PR in many different industries
- I experienced the reality of working in fast paced, stressful corporate environments
- I really enjoyed my work for the most part, it also enabled me to travel extensively, and to save the money to do my yoga training and buy a home
- My experience means I fully understand how hard it can be to put your wellbeing first, and to make time for yourself and the things that keep you balanced and healthy
- I know what it feels like physically (and mentally) to feel chained to your desk as you try to work through your to do list
- As my Yoga practice deepened towards the end of my corporate career, it helped me ease daily ‘desk body’ related aches and pains, and it helped me to switch off the low-level anxiety I lived with – that had me constantly checking and worrying about emails and project deadlines
- I want to help YOU to tip the balance back in favour of you feeling your best
Since I started focusing on teaching yoga, I’ve managed and taught in Yoga retreat centers in Ibiza and The French Alps and I have set up and run my own UK Weekend retreats.
Through the weeks and weeks of teaching retreats, I’ve taught many corporate guests. Guests who arrive to check out of their stressful jobs and lives. I have lots of experience teaching and coaching people from this background. They have often not done lots of Yoga or meditation, but know that they need ‘something else’. I teach in an approachable and accessible way, and my classes can be tailored to meet the needs of all levels of yoga / physical exercise experience.
MY YOGA TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Ellen De Jong (who trained with Baron Baptiste / Bryan Kest & Rod Stryker) in Playa del Carmen, Mexico (200hrs)
- Reiki Level 1 Training in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training with Jennifer Reis in Boston, USA (40hrs)
- Pre & Post Natal Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli in London, UK (40hrs)
- Reiki Level 2 Training in London, UK
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Anna Ashby & Chris Swain in London, UK (40hrs)
- Yoga for Sports Training with Jim Harrington in London, UK
- Yoga Anatomy Training with David Kell , London, UK
- Advance Your Teaching with Jason Crandell, London, UK
I love teaching Yoga. I have studied extensively and continue to read and study online. However, as I’m sure most teachers will agree, my biggest ‘learnings’ have come from teaching, watching and listening to my students. I am so grateful I can share my interpretation of Yoga with other people and see the positive impact it has on them.
I teach Vinyasa Flow, Hatha, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Yoga for Sports and Pre/Post Natal Yoga. I’ve taught at retreat centers in Ibiza & The French Alps, I teach corporate clients in London & Bath. I teach weekly classes at Yoga Bodhi Studio in Bath, and Crossfit Bath, as well as various private clients and groups in Bath & London.
I’ve been lucky enough to teach a wide variety of students, from complete beginners, to daily practitioners and established teachers, from snowboarders and skiers to Cross Fit enthusiasts and competitors, from new mum’s to my mum and family and friends!
My classes are suitable for all levels and include a mixture of pranayama (breathing techniques), mindful movement to build strength, stability and mobility, as well as inspiring poems and music.